Ride the MacWet way!

I will be honest and openly say I used to barely ever ride in gloves - only when absolute necessary and it was too cold to grip my reins. Not because I don't want to, but for the fact I couldn't find any that both suit me and aren't too bulky. So, when I was asked to write a review about the Macwet gloves way back early in 2014, I eagerly accepted - with the hope of finding something comfortable I could ride in. 

MacWet gloves are the 'all grip, no slip' technology advanced gloves which soon became a global sensation. Their versatility means they can be used for practically any sport or activity where grip and sensitivity are required. From Equestrian, Golf, Shooting, Fishing, Cycling, Water sports, right through to Archer, Dog Walking and Quad Biking, MacWet gloves will ensure you don't lose your grip in any activity.

I was sent the Sport Gloves in black. 

Upon opening the MacWet gloves package I was rather impressed to find the packing was made of a good quality plastic with information on both sides about their product. The packaging also features a hand measure to help you work out what size you are should you try these on at a show, in a shop or at an event. For those buying off the internet there is also a really good hand measuring tool on the MacWet website, which helps you find the perfect size too. 

My initial reaction was that the packaging was decent, but surely nearly £30 for a pair of gloves was a little extreme. I have paid this before for some good quality showing gloves however every time I have gone to wash them I haven't been able to use them since because they have gone hard and crusty. MacWet had a lot to live up to. 

As soon as I put the gloves on they felt nice and not too bulky. For once I didn't feel like I couldn't move my hand and fingers when wearing a pair of gloves. The inside was nice and not itchy like I have found other gloves to be. I felt like I could ride using them and still get the "feel" of the rein, unlike with other gloves which are too bulky for my hands. They fasten up using a durable Velcro strip which is elegantly finished off with the MacWet gold logo.

During a lesson in the pouring down rain (yes I am really that mad) the gloves still sustained their grip and didn't feel like I had to peel them off my hands once I had finished. When I got home that night I was also able to put them in the washing machine and although I worried about them going hard and crusty like my previous pairs they didn't and I was able to use them again.

Equally, when I hacked out in the boiling heat the day before I wasn't left with sweaty, clammy hands after taking the Macwets off. I was impressed!

I rarely show jump, but ensured for this review I did a bit of everything, from hacking, to dressage to jumping and even putting the jumps away afterwards. One day it was pouring with rain whilst using the gloves and another the sun was belting down. However the fabric used in these gloves allows the hand to breathe so I was ensured a comfortable grip without getting too hot nor too cold. They really are made for a variety of weather climates. 
Not once did I feel like MacWet couldn't stand up to the test of what I wanted them for and what made it even better is I literally forgot I had them on at times because they are that comfy. 

MacWet gloves come in a variety of both sizes and colours including: Green, Black, Brown, Navy and White. 

Although a little apprehensive at first, I would highly reccomend MacWet gloves to anyone like myself, who has spent endless amounts of wages on gloves that just don't live up to the test. MacWet can offer something for everyone despite what sport you're involved in. They have definitely got me on board as a continued customer. 

Since first being sent a pair of these gloves I haven't worn anything else and am a complete convert. I now don't ride without my MacWet's on come rain or shine! 

5/5 for these fantastic gloves!

*Thank you to championsukplc.com for sending these gloves over to me for my recent trip to America!*
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

1 comment:

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig