The 12 days of Christmas. 12 equine products I couldn't live without. Number 12....

On the 12th day of Christmas, my true love gave me to me, 12 equine products I couldn't (Ceaser couldn't) live without! 

A Likit Snak-a-Ball

This is another product I couldn't live without. I realised last winter just how much it helps make life much easier for not only me but also Ceaser. 


I want to recommend in this Christmas feature is the Likits Snak-a-Ball that are great for horses and ponies that don't like spending a lot of time in their stable but have to when the weather gets bad. I had wanted one of these for Ceaser for quite some time because he isn't brilliant at being stabled for long periods of time. Ceaser gets quite agitated if other horses around him are being fussed or taken out to the field and he has to stay in. As a youngster he would simply climb on his stable door and stand with his two front feed hanging over it as if to say "Excuse me, I am here". However now he is just very vocal and stands neighing at people. 

When he wants to come out the stable and he feels its time to come out he can be pushy. Last year we have had someone out to him to do Reiki and our fears that he was claustrophobic have been confirmed. 


So, I decided I need to get him something that would make stable time 'fun' and not boring. He is the type of pony that gets bored very easily, even when ridden so I knew I needed something to keep him occupied. 


The Likit company suggested their Snak-a-Ball as they can entertain for hours when a horse is stabled. You put the treats in one end of the ball and before a horse can get them out they have to roll it around where the treats have to go through a tiny hole inside of the ball and then get through another hole onto the stable floor. Despite fears that Ceaser would get bored of the treats not coming out very often it is fantastic. The treats make a noise when being rattled around and I have found this keeps them occupied as they know there is something there to get. 


The snack-a-Ball is not only good for keeping horses entertained when stabled but also stimulates natural grazing behaviour, which is very beneficial to a horse's digestion. I also like Ceaser to use his as much as possible as it encourages the horse to stretch forwards and down which helps to improve muscle tone and flexibility. 


Our barn is always quite noisey at dinner time when all the horses have their snak-a-Balls!


To treat your horse to one of these this Christmas visit the Likit website where you will find a variety of gifts for both canine and equine! I am also a guest blogger for the Likit page so please have a read of my blogs on there if you have time.

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

1 comment:

  1. I just finished reading your article, and really enjoyed it, thank you. You can see some fun horse books at fun2readbooks.com where you can also hear the horse stories for the same price as a paperback book, and they are fun to listen to.

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig