The brand new......HYPOCARE from Horseware.

When I was asked to write a product review for the brand new, Hypocare, just out on the market I of course obliged.

Who created it?

Hypocare was created by Horseware in Ireland and is described as "a revolution in infection control" and since arriving on the market is proving to be very popular.

How does it work?

It is a topical application that mirrors the body's own immune system; by working naturally alongside the body it kills all bacterial, viral and fungal infections on contact.

Hypocare is widely known already to work on fungal infections such as Ringworm, Mud Fever and Thrush.

Hypochlorous acid is the active ingredient in Hypocare and is naturally produced by the body's own immune system. This is where mirroring the body's own immune system comes in to force.

When a wound or infection occurs in the body, neutrophils, which is a type of white blood cells are deployed to the site of infection. The neutrophils then engulf the pathogen and produce Hypochlorous acid which immediately kills the bacteria on contact.

But can it harm my horse if its so strong?

Whilst Hypochlorous acid is amazing and between 80-300 times more effective at killing pathogens than hypochlorite or bleach, it is kind to healthy tissues which ensures that it will not slow down the healing process. Despite being used to kill potential infections in places such as operating theatres on surgical appliances it is completely safe to use and very effective.

To ensure Hypocare doesn't sting or cause your horse any discomfort it has been formulated to emulate skin pH, which makes it work in perfect harmony with the body. Thus meaning it will not sting when applied nor harm any healthy tissue or slow down the healing process.

One of the great things about Hypochlorous acid is that pathogens do not become resistant to it. Like antibiotics which has resulted in the explosion of superbugs and antibiotic resistance, we are not at risk of this with Hypocare. In stead, this product kills pathogens on contact, rather than having to penetrate the cell wall to attack the nucleus, giving neighbouring cells the opportunity to develop resistance.

If I can use Hypocare anywhere on my horse or domestic pet, surely I have to be careful if it digests any?

Any mammals can use this product, not just equines. Horsware strive in knowing that this product is 100% safe to use. It was created to help maintain healthy and itch-free skin and is completely safe if ingested, meaning that it is a great creation for dog or cat lovers who may lick the affected area!

Why is it only out now?

Although Hypochlorous acid has been around for years, scientists have not up until now been able to product it over 150ppm and with a shelf life of more than a few hours.

The creators of Hypocare believe it is ground breaking technology that will change horsemanship and animal care forever.

To make life easier for each individual, Hypocare offer their product in a variety of bottle sizes.
**

I am going to be using Hypocare for the next week or so to see if I notice any difference in Ceaser's mud fever. I have heard a great deal of good reviews about this product and am very excited to see what the future has in store for it.

Special thanks go to Horseware, Ireland for sending me this product, enabling me to create this review.

*Review and diary coming soon*

Results

I have been using Hypocare for about a week now and am impressed with the results I have had so far.

Ceaser has a cracked heel from some previous mud fever so I have been using Hypocare to try and hurry along the heeling process

Already the area looks a lot drier and less sore. There is now no discharge coming from it and once I have sprayed the Hypocare on, the area looks clean. I have been conscious about having to wash his heel in hibiscrub constantly as it can cause discomfort to horses skin, so finding a product like Hypocare that will clean the area for me and help speed the healing process is brilliant.

I now do not have to worry how much I am washing his feel and causing the skin to become soft and easier to break, in stead I spray Hypocare on and it dries instantly rather than leaving Ceaser with wet legs.

*more to come*

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

3 comments:

  1. I've used Hypocare on my horse for mud fever, its the best product I've ever used, healed up so quickly. I had previously used Camrosa, but will make sure I've always got some Hypocare to hand. Lauren, Chelmsford

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have used Hypocare on my horse with a foot abcess which opened through the coronet band. Within 3 days the foot is starting to heal and look much better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a fantastic product, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig