The 12 days of Christmas...2014 memories. The 9th day of Christmas

When thinking of what I could do for this years "12 days of Christmas" theme on my blog, Mark and I came up with several ideas for what you guys as readers would enjoy reading and what would seem dull.

In previous years I've focused on products that I would recommend using on your equine and canine friends, and the posts have always been well received. However, this year it's safe to say my blog has taken a very different approach. Ceaser's fan base has gotten considerably larger in comparison to previous years, and with the new addition, Ziggy, people seem to be coming to me to find out just how that loveable grey is getting on. Add this to the surprise Mark and I have coming up for you on the 13th December and we decided why not do a post every other day where I pick a favourite photo that means something to me and reflect on the memories I gained from it.

On the ninth day of Christmas my true love gave to me: "Taking time out"

August 2014 - Malta. My Favourite Place <3
This photo is another special one that I'll always keep. In August of 2014 Mark and I went on our annual holiday. The one week a year where we get to spend the week together with no hassle or bother from anyone else. I can't say its horse-free though as wherever we go I find the local trekking centre and drag Mark riding with me. It's also the one time a year he'll happily get on a horse!

I've always been to Malta since being a young child. My Grandma and Granddad used to take me every year, then Dad started and since I've become old enough to go alone I now take Mark. I'm sure in years to come I'll be dragging my kids along to show them a place that I learnt to love growing up.

Malta holds so many memories for me. It reminds me of the times I spent with my Grandma and Granddad and all the adventures we went on. One year Granddad gave me a map, told me he was lost and said he needed me to direct us back to the Hotel. I can tell you now I'm sure he wasn't lost but I got us back to the Hotel and I'm sure he had influenced my decisions on which turnings to make. But still, I always tell people I helped navigate us in a foreign country and Granddad helped create that memory.

Both Mark and I had wanted to swim with Dolphins for a few years however I have this awful phobia of deep water. Well, it's not a phobia, I'm just scared of putting my feet down in water or in some cases....lack of being able to put my feet down! Anyway Mark managed to convince me to do it as I'd regret it if I didn't. I managed to convince myself I'd be fine with the 'life vest' and I am so pleased I decided to join him.

This was one of the most special moments in my life that I'll always remember. You're always told as a child that swimming with dolphins is something you should do in your lifetime, but you never really grasp just how amazing it is until you've done it.

I don't often take a break from the horses and it's rare that Mark and I get moments to ourselves where we're horse-free, but whenever we do, we try to make the most of it and do something special. I think this moment counts as something special and I can't begin to describe how important it is to have time off your day-to-day duties.

Book something different for yourself in the new year, try something new and take a leap of faith. You never know, you might enjoy it! There shouldn't be such things as regrets.
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig