The 12 days of Christmas...2014 memories. The 8th day of Christmas

When thinking of what I could do for this years "12 days of Christmas" theme on my blog, Mark and I came up with several ideas for what you guys as readers would enjoy reading and what would seem dull.

In previous years I've focused on products that I would recommend using on your equine and canine friends, and the posts have always been well received. However, this year it's safe to say my blog has taken a very different approach. Ceaser's fan base has gotten considerably larger in comparison to previous years, and with the new addition, Ziggy, people seem to be coming to me to find out just how that loveable grey is getting on. Add this to the surprise Mark and I have coming up for you on the 13th December and we decided why not do a post every other day where I pick a favourite photo that means something to me and reflect on the memories I gained from it.

On the eighth day of Christmas my true love gave to me: "Making a memory"

May 2014 - Taking my best friend to let Granddads balloon go <3
This photo will always be special to me. I had an idea back in May that I wanted to do something special to mark the 10 year anniversary of my Granddads death. I hate the word anniversary for describing that, because it's nothing to celebrate and I found the whole day very hard, but you get what I mean.

Granddad and I spent all our time with Sara. The three of us were always together doing something or other; whether it was mucking her out, grooming her, going on adventures or just simply watching her in her stable. We were always inseparable.

I don't believe Granddad's where we laid him to rest now. If you believe or not I am sure I constantly get signs that he's with me and he's around me all the time. There's been various moments where I honestly swear I can feel him, smell him and even hear his voice. I've been told by several mediums and physics that I've sought help through that he's with me wherever I go and doesn't often leave my side.

So, when May came around I didn't see the point in taking the 2 hour journey over to Nottingham to visit his grave. He's not there and I thoroughly believe that. I had the idea that I wanted to get some balloons and let them go from a place that Sara and I have enjoyed many happy memories over the years since he hasn't been there, and I wanted Sara with me.

My "happy place" as I call it, is about a 45 minute ride from the farm. It's a place I found when exploring out with Sara on my own and you can see for miles from there. If you stand just left of where I'm standing in the photo there's a large valley and on a sunny day it's the most breath-taking view I've ever seen. I've often been there with Sara and just stood for a while to take everything in and think about everything that's worried me that week. I've lost count of the number of times I've begged Granddad for help from that very spot and sobbed into Sara's mane that I need help or my life has hit a cross roads.

I don't want this blog post to be sad, I want it to be about a memory I created with Sara and something I do to still remember my Granddad. I went to that place on the 10 year anniversary of Granddads death and I let two balloons go. I attached a  message to him on each one telling him just how much I loved him and how much I need him here.

Tonight when you get in from work please think of this post and go and tell your parents, grandparents, friends, extended family.....everyone, how much you love them or appreciate them. Tell them something that makes them smile and capture that moment in your heart forever because before you know it that moment will have passed and you may never get the opportunity to again.
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig