Brownie points


Being a student is tough work you know. You're always without money, food is limited and beans on toast, pasta with cheese and cheap chips becomes a regular "healthy" diet. So, when I was asked if I would do a review on some handmade and homemade chocolate brownies I jumped at the chance.

When I was at school I used to have a favorite bakery that did the most amazing brownies I had ever tasted. Everyday, after getting off the bus I would go to get one and have it before mucking out my horses. Then suddenly their recipe apparently changed and since then the brownies have never been right.

Say It With Brownies approached me last week and asked if I would taste a sample of their brownies and then write them a review, of course I was more than happy to oblige.

They are based in a village called Seaview in the beautiful Isle of Wight and launched their business in 2011.

Say It With Brownies sell exclusively online through this website and the idea behind it originates from the idea of offering an alternative to sending flowers, after all a yummy box of chocolate brownies is far more fun as a gift (and you might even be offered a brownie if you’re lucky!)

Tuesday, right before an exam a parcel arrived through my university house door and because of the type of person I am I ripped open the packaging, only to find the most beautifully wrapped box of brownies. I agree that gifts like this are a much better alternative to sending the 'usual' flowers and in my opinion would make someones day! Inside I found a lovely piece of ribbon attached around the box and a note in that just adds that finishing touch to a perfect gift.

Now, before I continue let me get something straight. I am the most fussiest, picky eater you will ever encounter. I turn my nose up at most foods, eat only things I am familiar with and do not like to try anything new, so I must admit when I was asked to try these brownies I did panic slightly.

Now though I don't see why I ever worried. These gorgeous handmade brownies are sealed in the most beautiful box that just finishes the touch of nicely. Inside they are wrapped in tissue paper to keep the ounces of goodness stored in them not only fresh but also tasty.

As I bit into the brownie I was surprised at how soft and moisture it was and relished the way the icing sugar on top almost fizzed in my mouth and complimented the taste of succulent chocolate just nicely. The amount of chocolate within these brownies has quite clearly been perfect right down to a tee, as its not usual I find myself digging around for another helping. Usually brownies like these are often sickly and one a day is usually enough. Not these though, I could have quite easily ate the whole box in just one day.

It is evident a lot of thought has gone into not only the ingredients in these brownies but also the smallest of touches. Each helping is just enough to fill that little hole in your stomach, but on the contrary one is also not enough as you're left wanting more.

With prices starting at £16.99 these are the perfect gift that says it all in a box. Want to send your wife or husband a treat just to remind him how much you love him? Or maybe a friend or relative isn't well and you want to send them a pick-me-up? Whatever the occasion these brownies are sure to make that special someone smile.

They come in six different flavors from Fruit and Nut to Cookies and Cream so the choices are endless.

I would recommend these brownies to any grandma, aunt, uncle, mum, sister, friend, loved one or just a work colleague!

For more information and to order now, visit: http://www.sayitwithbrownies.co.uk/
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

2 comments:

  1. What a fantastic review! I'm so glad you liked the brownies. Anita from Say It With Brownies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the sensible critique. Me and my neighbor were just preparing to do some research on this. We got a grab a book from our area library but I think I learned more clear from this post. I'm very glad to see such fantastic info being shared freely out there.
    ExOfficio Give-N-Go Lacy Shelf Bra Cami

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig