The 12 days of Christmas...2014 memories. The 7th day of Christmas

When thinking of what I could do for this years "12 days of Christmas" theme on my blog, Mark and I came up with several ideas for what you guys as readers would enjoy reading and what would seem dull.

In previous years I've focused on products that I would recommend using on your equine and canine friends, and the posts have always been well received. However, this year it's safe to say my blog has taken a very different approach. Ceaser's fan base has gotten considerably larger in comparison to previous years, and with the new addition, Ziggy, people seem to be coming to me to find out just how that loveable grey is getting on. Add this to the surprise Mark and I have coming up for you on the 13th December and we decided why not do a post every other day where I pick a favourite photo that means something to me and reflect on the memories I gained from it.

On the seventh day of Christmas my true love gave to me: "Light at the end of the tunnel!"

Ziggy jumping up the bank at Cross-Country. The beginning of Summer.

This photo means a heck of a lot to me. For some reason I had turned dare devil overnight and decided to take Ziggy out somewhere for the first time. Without much thought we decided to take him to a cross-country course, because that's where everyone takes their baby horses the first ever time they leave the yard. Right?

I was really looking forward to taking him out and showing him off but at the same time so nervous about how he would react in different surroundings and if it would all just upset him again. As we pulled him off the lorry he just stood like a little lamb that had been doing things like this all his life! Although the plan hadn't been to get on straight away, Ziggy was showing no signs of nervousness so I hopped on and off we went around the course!

Ziggy was an angel throughout the whole morning, he trotted through the water jump, popped small logs and even cantered up and down this bank quite happily. He quite literally took everything in his stride and I couldn't have been prouder of him.

Just remember, if things seems difficult or way out of your reach today, it doesn't mean they will be like that tomorrow or next week. Take a step back and a big deep breath, then plan how you're going to master your demons and make everything how you want it to be. Ziggy came to me a frightened pony that you couldn't get on, let alone sit on. He's now happily walk, trot and cantering under saddle and loves popping fences. I've done nothing more than keep reminding myself that it's all hard work and perseverance that has got us this far.

Just because you didn't achieve something this summer it doesn't mean you can't or won't be able to next summer. Make small changes to help you achieve your goals, it might only need to be something small but it can make a huge difference.

I never thought that after rescuing Ziggy in March we would be achieving something like this so soon, but it really does reiterate for me what a fabulous pony I have.
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

2 comments:

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig