The 12 days of Christmas...2014 memories. The 6th day of Christmas

When thinking of what I could do for this years "12 days of Christmas" theme on my blog, Mark and I came up with several ideas for what you guys as readers would enjoy reading and what would seem dull.

In previous years I've focused on products that I would recommend using on your equine and canine friends, and the posts have always been well received. However, this year it's safe to say my blog has taken a very different approach. Ceaser's fan base has gotten considerably larger in comparison to previous years, and with the new addition, Ziggy, people seem to be coming to me to find out just how that loveable grey is getting on. Add this to the surprise Mark and I have coming up for you on the 13th December and we decided why not do a post every other day where I pick a favourite photo that means something to me and reflect on the memories I gained from it.

On the Sixth day of Christmas my true love gave to me: "No you're not stupid!"

Firstly, I want to apologise for my lack of posts last week. Unfortunately I was hit with the flu bug and once again ended up in hospital with sinusitis. Anyway, I'm on the mend now thankfully and starting to feel more human again!

May - BD Senior Camp. Ceaser loving the posh life!
This photo signals lots of happy memories for me, but also some memories I'd rather not relive! It was the weekend of the British Dressage Northern Region Senior Camp and Mark and I had looked forward to taking our new lorry away for weeks. We had got a tent and were all ready for a weekend of camping.

The first night I was really apprehensive about meeting everyone and fitting in but everyone was super lovely and Mark ended up getting rather merry on too much wine with a friends Mum. On our way into the tent he fell over the guide-rope and didn't realise at the time he had pulled it out the ground.

That night we had some of the heaviest winds we had experienced all winter and spring, along with awful rain. Needless to say at 3am in the morning I was woken up by an almighty bang with what was the tent almost falling down one side. Mark blamed it on me, saying I hadn't put the tent up that side properly, but I can promise you now - that's the side he fell over! Anyway at 4am he was outside putting the guide ropes back in so we could get some sleep!

No one from camp still lets us forget our tent experience!

I had a fantastic weekend and Ceaser and I both learnt a lot. I went away feeling much more positive than I arrived. The test riding with Andrew Fletcher was brilliant and when he asked me my goals for the summer I felt stupid telling him, until he told me I needed to speak up because they were achievable - especially with ceaser! I don't think I had ever smiled so much as I did that day. We got almost 70% in the Novice test riding and I was thoroughly on cloud 9!

We went home with lots to work on and adamant our plans for 2014 were going to be fulfilled.

So guys, don't forget this week to live a lot, laugh a lot and love a lot. Focus on the good and forget the bad.
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig