On the eighteenth day of Christmas my horse gave to me...

On the eighteenth day of Christmas my true love gave to me...

This product is probably something you will all turn your nose up at. In fact it wouldn't surprise me if you clicked the X before reading on once I tell you which product I am going to recommend today.

The eighteenth product I want to recommend is.....Fairy liquid.

I will of course review the other shampoo that I use to get Ceaser's dirty bits white, but today I thought it would be worthwhile telling you why I think fairy liquid shouldn't be a write off!

I remember using fairy liquid to bath my horses when I first got them, about 14 years ago. Back then I didn't give it a second thought, but last year when someone recommended using plain, old, simple fairy liquid to get the toughest of stains out of Ceasers coat I turned my nose up at them. I wanted the best for him and if this meant spending £6 on a bottle of shampoo for him, then why not?


However, when I failed to find a relatively cheap equine shampoo that actually worked to remove dirt, urine stains, poo stains and grass stains I decided to give fairy liquid a go. 

We all know its supposed to remove grease and if its good enough to use on our pots and pans that we eat off, then why shouldn't it be good enough for our horses coats?

Fairy liquid is honestly only one of two products that I have since found that actually works. It removes most yellow stains and mud, but at only roughly £1, I don't mind slapping it on and rewashing several times. 

Most of the competitions we have been out to this year I have used fairy liquid to bath Ceaser the night before. It may be cheap looking and some of you probably prefer spending £6 on a pot of equine shampoo that doesn't really work, but, if you own a coloured that you're struggling to get clean then give fairy liquid a go...you may be surprised!

Please let me know your results, or if you have any other whitener tips! I am always open to ideas to get my scruff pot clean! 

Tweet your tips to @FurryMane or comment below. 



SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

1 comment:

  1. Ketchup. :)
    Seriously.
    Friend of mine (who used to stable her horses at a show barn) told me that's what they do with their grays over there.
    They use ketchup to get the yellow stains out. Basically wash (or clean the worst with a damp sponge) slather it on, and sponge it off about 10 minutes (or longer) later.
    Worked on my dapple grey and got the worst of the yellow out of his tail. Two washes after the ketchup it was white-white. (It was a mild cream color after I rinsed the ketchup out)

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig