Carr & Day & Martin Hoof Care range - update


The structure in a horse's feet are solely responsible for supporting the full weight of the horse over a small area. Therefor, routine hoof care is extremely important as any problems in the feet can be detrimental to mobility and health. By taking care of your horses feet you're ensuring you've got a good foundation to start with.

Back in February when Carr & Day & Martin asked me if I would be interested in joining in with a product test on their Hoof Care range I jumped at the chance.

Ziggy arrived with me 12-months ago with very brittle feet that weren't in good condition at all and I'm always keen to keep Ceaser's looking fantastic and show-ready, so a hoof care regime is important to me. 

I've been applying the cornucrescine daily along with the selected oil every couple of days and I'm sure you'll agree the pictures of Ceaser's feet speak a thousands words. 

The trial is 12-months long but already both me and my farrier are beginning to see changes in both horses feet. He didn't see Ziggy for a good few weeks but could not believe the difference when he did.

For three months over the very wet and winter weather I have been applying the Cornucrescine ointment every few days and then the Hoof Barrier which does exactly what it says on the tin; protects your horses hooves from very wet and muddy conditions which can weaken the them causing them to crack - which is also a reason we end up finding ample amounts of shoes in the mud.

Once the weather warmed up around April time we switched over to using the Hoof Oil with Tea Tree in that can be used as your daily routine. This also looks and smells fantastic and gives the feet a gorgeous finishing touch making it perfect for the show ring!

Something like this trial isn't going to show immediate results over night but already, after just 5 months we're beginning to see changes in the condition of both horses feet.

If you'd like anymore information about Carr & Day & Martin's Hoof Care range please get in touch!


SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig