The 12 days of Christmas...2014 memories. The 3rd day of Christmas

When thinking of what I could do for this years "12 days of Christmas" theme on my blog, Mark and I came up with several ideas for what you guys as readers would enjoy reading and what would seem dull.

In previous years I've focused on products that I would recommend using on your equine and canine friends, and the posts have always been well received. However, this year it's safe to say my blog has taken a very different approach. Ceaser's fan base has gotten considerably larger in comparison to previous years, and with the new addition, Ziggy, people seem to be coming to me to find out just how that loveable grey is getting on. Add this to the surprise Mark and I have coming up for you on the 13th December and we decided why not do a post every other day where I pick a favourite photo that means something to me and reflect on the memories I gained from it.

On the second day of Christmas my true love gave to me: Quitting your job! 

Spring - Celebrating with my main boy!

These photos go hand-in-hand. Celebrating here with the 2nd boy! Sometimes in life you've just got grasp what's out there and take chances. 
Let me explain. I've never been adventurous. Well, hang on, let me rephrase that - I'm adventurous when I'm on a horse and I want to try a new jump, or go down a bridle path I've never been down before, but when it comes to real life I quite like routine. That means taking chances is a new thing for me. I hate change. 

So, when I walked in a meeting one day with a job and walked out without one you can imagine my heart was beating ten to the dozen and part of me thought what the hell have you just done. (My Mum was fuming by the way...!)

I'd been in a job I really disliked for 6 months. I was fed up and wanted a change, I wanted to embrace new beginnings and after endless talks with people I realised my job wasn't going to take me anywhere. You see, I have this plan. In a few years time I want my own house, the cockapoo (or spoodle) dog, I want a bigger horse lorry, I don't just want to be 'another person', I want to be successful, I want to be someone people look up to for advice, I want to leave a stamp on this earth, whether it be through getting some books published, or simply by motivating people to follow their heart. 

Anyway, the moment I realised I wasn't going to get anywhere where I was and I'd had enough, I went into a meeting with a job and came out about to work my months notice. 

I didn't want this blog feature just to be about the ponies, because whilst they're such a huge part of my life, I do enjoy working and I get joy from seeing a project completed. The top photo is a very poignant photo for me as it was my last day in the job. I don't think I'd been that happy in weeks, possibly months. My friend met me at the yard with some champagne and we sat there for hours talking about our plans for life and enjoying listening to the horses munch their hay. It's the day I vowed I wasn't going to sit on my bum anymore and allow opportunities to come to me, I was going to go out there, find opportunities for myself and embrace any fantastic offers that came my way. I was going to make use of my mantra "Dream, Believe, Achieve" and be as successful as I'd always wanted to be. It was almost like that photo signalled the start of the rest of my life. 

The second photo is a mere month later; Mark and I are in Prezzo's celebrating the news that I'd just been offered a new job! From that photo onwards I've freelanced for Horse & Hound, I now blog for Carr, Day & Martin, I've had numerous wins with Ceaser, I've got more time for him than I had in my previous job and I've been involved in workshops on behalf of BD....but most of all, I love my job and I love waking up in the morning. 

So you see, sometimes it's good to take chances in life. 

(Disclaimer: I'm not telling everyone to quit their job. For the record I woke up the day after the top photo was taken not just with a sore head but wondering what the hell I had been thinking and whether it'd be possible to beg for my job back. hehe)
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig