The 12 days of Christmas.....2014 memories. The 1st day of Christmas

When thinking of what I could do for this years "12 days of Christmas" theme on my blog, Mark and I came up with several ideas for what you guys as readers would enjoy reading and what would seem dull.

In previous years I've focused on products that I would recommend using on your equine and canine friends, and the posts have always been well received. However, this year it's safe to say my blog has taken a very different approach. Ceaser's fan base has gotten considerably larger in comparison to previous years, and with the new addition, Ziggy, people seem to be coming to me to find out just how that loveable grey is getting on. Add this to the surprise Mark and I have coming up for you on the 13th December and we decided why not do a post every other day where I pick a favourite photo that means something to me and reflect on the memories I gained from it.

To start the 2014 Christmas feature off, we have: Gaining new wheels!

January 16th. A few days after picking the lorry up.
Ceaser shows he loves his new set of wheels!
I had wanted a lorry of my own since the moment I passed my driving test, however the time had never been right to invest in one and quite frankly I didn't have the money. In September of last year I got a full-time job in Marketing and finally I realised I had enough money to be able to afford to keep a small, low maintenance lorry on the road, and so we set off on the search for that perfect lorry.

To be honest the search took us up and down the country, put me in hospital (I had a bad sinus infection, yet still decided to go and pick up a lorry on a cold winters night, only for it to not start when we got there which resulted in us stood in the pouring rain for 4 hours, which then resulted in me being admitted to hospital very poorly) and various others things. Finally we found one closer to home whilst I was laid on the sofa poorly and I sent Mark to go and view it. A few hours later he came home with a deposit securely placed and once better I accompanied him to go and pick it up!

The feeling of having something to call my own that could take me wherever I wanted was great. I had always relied on someone driving my dads 7.5t lorry, and now I didn't need to! It was nerve-wracking seeing if Ceaser would load or not as we had always had loading issues with him, however like it was meant to be he walked straight on and always does to this day.

This lorry has cost Mark and I an arm and a leg in repairs, but it's worth its weight in gold and we love our little run-around. It might not be the prettiest, nor the quietest, but it doesn't matter what you turn up in,  it's what horse you unload that matters.
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig