The 12 days of Christmas....2014 memories. The 2nd day of Christmas

When thinking of what I could do for this years "12 days of Christmas" theme on my blog, Mark and I came up with several ideas for what you guys as readers would enjoy reading and what would seem dull.

In previous years I've focused on products that I would recommend using on your equine and canine friends, and the posts have always been well received. However, this year it's safe to say my blog has taken a very different approach. Ceaser's fan base has gotten considerably larger in comparison to previous years, and with the new addition, Ziggy, people seem to be coming to me to find out just how that loveable grey is getting on. Add this to the surprise Mark and I have coming up for you on the 13th December and we decided why not do a post every other day where I pick a favourite photo that means something to me and reflect on the memories I gained from it.

On the second day of Christmas my true love gave to me: Going to the beach! 


April 14th - Sara and I on Theddlethorpe beach, Lincolnshire.

This photo has been one of my favourite photos from 2014 since the moment I saw it. It was an absolute freezing cold day (despite it looking warm), but the day couldn't have been any more perfect if we had tried to make it. Mark and I hadn't had our lorry long and I had been wanting to take Sara to the beach for a while. On our first day off together in a long time we decided what better way to spend it than galloping up the beach whilst Mark takes photos.

Sara loves the beach and is a big fan of going through the water. It's not often she gets away from the yard as I'm too big to compete her now, so she loves nothing more than going off to the local beach and having a good leg stretch. If you could see how mad she goes once there you would never believe she's 19. I love nothing more than going for a good gallop with my best childhood friend and forgetting all the trouble of that day. 

Personally I think Mark captured this photo perfectly. It couldn't have been better. It'll be a photo I cherish for many years to come and makes me realise how lucky I am to have Sara, and have been able to share all these years with her. 

We're so lucky to live in Lincolnshire, where we're blessed with miles and miles of sandy beaches which offer fantastic galloping surfaces for when we're with our equine friends. It's so peaceful and you can go for miles without meeting any other people. I urge anyone wanting to take their equines to the beach to have a look at those on offer in Lincolnshire, you won't be disappointed.

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

2 comments:

  1. Love this idea, it is always great to look back on photos and reflect on the moment.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jo :) It's made me realise how many special memories I captured this year. Thank you for reading x

      Delete

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig