Before I die...bucket list

A few days ago now I posted a photo on my Facebook page with the following words and suddenly it got me thinking. My life has changed dramatically over the last 12-months for various reasons and one day it hit me that there's so much I want to do whilst I have the chance, and suddenly, I've got this chance. 

"My Monday morning motivation. What would you do if you knew today was your last day here, or life suddenly stopped tomorrow. Would you be satisfied with every decision, choice and road you've taken? If you had the ability to think once it was all over, would you look back and wish you'd done things differently? Don't leave room for regret; Live, Laugh, Love."

I've always told people I've got a bucket list and in my mind I have a list as long as my legs put together, yet on paper do I have a plan? A new friend asked me recently whether we need a plan, or if things are just what they are and we should just let them happen. 

Whilst I was tempted to argue discuss my case that everyone in life needs some sort of plan in order to get through their day, it got me thinking about my bucket list and things to do before I'm 30. If I knew today was going to be my last would I be happy with the things I've done and content that I'd lived life to the full? In all honesty, not really, no. We can't plan exactly what's going to happen next month, next week or even tomorrow, but we can think about what we want at the end of it all. 

So, with the above in mind I decided to make my plan. It wasn't everyone's "get engaged at 28, get married by 30, have kids by 32" plan - that happens when it feels natural and with the right person,, it was the things I want to do and see in the world before I hit the big 3-0. In January I'll have just 5 years to complete the list, so plenty of time to get down and think about ticking everything off. Some of them I've maybe already done in the last year, but it's worth jotting them down. 

Here goes and in no particular order:


1) In a nutshell; Travel. I have this incredible urge to travel, live and see the world. 
2) Go Skiing and learn to Ski without breaking a bone.
3) Run a 5k and 10k marathon. This time not dressed as a horse.
4) Go Gliding. I would absolutely cr*p myself, but this something I really want to do!
5) Ride in a Helicopter over somewhere amazing. (thinking of doing this in New York!) - DONE
6) Go to Paris and up the Eiffel Tower
7) Have some more Polo lessons and learn to play properly. 
8) Visit Australia.  
9) Succeed
10) See a Kangaroo up close!
11) Write and publish the books I've always wanted to - don't be afraid of this. 
12) Go to a ranch in America and live like a Cow Girl. - DONE
13) Go to a Rodeo. - DONE
14) Take part in a Barrel Racing competition - but not in the UK. 
15) Kiss a Cowboy. Question: Can this be on a bucket list, because I really want to do this?? - DONE
16) Go in a Hot Air Balloon
17) Gain a marketing qualification
18) Fall asleep under the stars in a nice Country. 
19) Have a VIP meet and greet with Bon-Jovi at his next concert. 
20) Go skinny dipping at sunset or sunrise. Preferably in a warm country. 
21) Go up the Empire State Building to the highest floor. - DONE
22) Lose (or win) more money that I care to remember at Roulette in Vegas.  DONE
23) Compete in top hat and tails on a horse I've produced. 
24) Stop caring what others think.
25) Take up German again and remember it this time. 
26) Visit Calgary
27) Go to a Rodeo. - DONE
28) Ride a bronc - but just don't tell my mum. Explain the broken arm when home!
29) See more of America
30) See more of South-Africa
31) Learn how to play Chess
32) Escape to Malta, on my own for several weeks. DONE
33) Run and dance barefoot, in the rain. 
34) See the Northern Lights
35) Learn to like Wine. You can't stay on Arches and Lemonade forever Sian. 
36) Do Route 66 and go on a incredible journey. 
37) Start to play my Violin again. (Sorry neighbours!)
38) Live in a different country for at least 3 months. 
39) Shower in a Waterfall
40) Do something completely out of character, wild and crazy
41) Fly first-class. 
42) Make amends with those I've lost touch with, or had disagreements with. 
43) Go on a road trip across Europe
44) Arrive at an airport with my bags packed and buy the first 2+ hour flight out of there. 
45) Learn how to shoot (clay pigeon) and do Archery  - properly, not just on holiday!DONE
46) Swim with Dolphins - again. 
47) Spend New Years in Times Square
48) Go on Safari
49) Ride an Elephant
50) Fly a plane
51) Fall in love with the wrong person. DONE 
52) Visit Niagara Falls
53) Go Whale Watching
54) Spend the day at a Spa, doing nothing!
55) Get a spray tan.
56) See a Koala Bear
57) Be treated to a romantic dinner in the shard, Eiffel Tower or somewhere amazing.  DONE
58) Have proper show-jumping lessons again. 
59) Learn to rope in America. - Half Done!
60) Ride an Ostrich, this time without squealing. 
61) Ride a well-trained, top, dressage horse
62) Fall in love with the right person
63) Go on a romantic getaway
64) Make a difference to someones life. 
65) Become happy with who I am and who I want to be. 










SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

1 comment:

  1. you have accomplished no 64 100 times over and im afraid 65 normally comes with age, don't rush into that one,, Good luck

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig