Review: Equisoothe

When I was first searching for this product I had in mind something that would enable me to stop bathing Ceaser every other day. Being a very boy-ish Skewbald means he loves to roll in the muddiest patches of the field and I end up with a pony that resembles a bay rather than a coloured. 


I knew when I was first looking for an ideal product I was setting my limits high. 


Something to get the poo stains off his hocks? 
Something to remove the dirt and grime from where he had rolled in the field?
Something that left a shine?


I wanted it all and I wanted my product to work. There are so many products out there on the market that say they do certain things, so we spend hard earned money on them only to find they don't actually do as it says on the tin and they are then shoved in the bottom of our grooming box until we feel like using them. 


This is until I came across "PRIZE" on Twitter. Prize is made by Equisoothe which is a British manufacturer based in West Wales. I was a little reluctant to spend money on a product I had never heard of before so I contacted the company and asked if they would give me the option to write a review for them.


So here I am. 


Admittedly, due to being let down by so many products before I was apprehensive and I did think "Well, will it really work?". I am happy to say, it did.


Although it doesn't remove Ceaser's stable stains, it is the only product that has left him looking soft and silky. Being a coloured that is mainly white I struggle to find something that will make his white bits look shiny. 


Prize did just the job. It is one of those products that never sees the bottom of your tack box and always manages to resurface after a few days. 


I am able to use it on my horses bodies, mane, tails and feathers and it works on everything I want it to. 


In just a few days I noticed that all of Ceaser's coat looked healthy and shiny in stead of just the brown patches on him having a shine. It also lifted the dirt that was bedded in his coat and brought it to the top which then enabled me to brush it off. 


The biggest noticeable difference I saw after using Prize was on my recently purchased bay New forest Cross, Frosty. When he came to us his coat lacked shine and despite endless brushing I felt his coat needed a little help.


I am pleased with the huge difference in Frostys coat after just a few days of using Prize and cannot believe how healthy it looks now compared to what it did before using Prize. 


Prize is described as a product that is mineral-oil based and will nourish you horse's skin and coat. Which I can honestly say it did a tremendous job of doing. 


When being used on tails it isn't one of those products that needs using every day to keep it tangle-free. I only applied roughly twice a week and all of my horses tails stayed shiny and tangle-free, which for me is a huge help as I have eight horses. 


I recommend Prize to any equine customer wanting something that keeps grooming efforts minimal when they don't have a lot of time without a huge price ticket. 


For a 500ml Trigger spray bottle expect to pay around £14.50 and up to £75.50 for a 5litre economy sized Jerry can.  Although this may seem a lot to initially pay out, I have had my 500ml trigger spray for roughly 6 weeks now and I still have just under half left. 


In my opinion this a product that soon could be one found in every tack box. 

(I have included a photo a Frosty before using Prize and a photo after using it for 2 weeks)


For more information visit: http://www.equisoothe.co.uk/



SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig