Wow, what a week

This week has once again been surreal. Both Frosty and Ceaser have once again proved just how fantastic they both are and with every day that passes I am more sure Frosty is going to turn into a brilliant alrounder.

We set off for Faldingworth Equestrian Centre on Sunday at 7.30am last Sunday morning. Due to taking 4 horses it was an early start and a long day.

Frosty was the first to set everything off in the Unregistered Mountain and Moorland class. I am so pleased with how he behaved; apart from being a little wary of the judge walking behind him out his sight he was 100%. He did a perfect trot round with the other horses, a perfect individual show and then a very well behaved lap of honor. I am so pleased with how Frosty coped with everything and took all the atmosphere in his stride. I don't doubt for a second he wont make a good riding school pony but his confidence in people is something that worries me.


A few days after the show I was delighted to get a card in the post to say Frosty had qualified for the MIDARC Championships in August. Unfortunately I am unsure at the moment if we can go due to it clashing with some dressage championships I have planned for Ceaser.

Once again Ceaser excelled himself and took 2nd in the Ridden Coloured. He was good to stand from half past 8 in the morning until 4 o clock for his class. In the one outing we managed to qualify for the British Skewbald and Piebald Association Championships, Equifest and the 15+ Championship which is pretty good going. I like getting my qualifications under my belt early on in the season so then I know where I am and what I'm doing towards the end of the season in terms of championships.

The following week I also had my Dressage trailblazers 2nd rounds which is a qualifier for the finals to be held at Stoneliegh in August. Just a month later it will be the Petplan Area festival so Autumn is set to be a busy period for both Ceaser and I!

I am on a three week holiday from university at the moment so I have been making the most of my time with the horses. I must say its lovely having no lectures and spending most days with the horses is lovely. Frosty is still coming on leaps and bounds and this week I have been on him whilst walking. He is a completely different pony to the one that arrived and I am looking forward to seeing even more progress in him.

It has been a busy week preparing for Dressage, organising things at the yard and looking after one of my ponies that isn't well. The riding school side of our yard is expanding quicker than I expected it to and suddenly things are becoming very busy. We have just got another horse in for the school who is lovely.

Yesterday was the day of the Trailblazers 2nd rounds which is a qualifier for Stoneliegh in August. I was booked in to do the Prelim and Elementary test and unfortunately during the week I hadn't had time to practice neither tests. Ceaser went well despite me not riding my best due to me being in some pain having pulled a muscle (or cracked a rib - I don't know what I've done!) in my side. We were 3rd in our Prelim section with 67.08% and then went on to win the Elementary class with 63%. This result meant we have now qualified for the Trailblazers finals in August.

I am so pleased with our results throughout the past week and am delighted to have now gotten four qualifications already in just a few months. I hope the rest of the season goes as well as it has begun.
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig