A new angle

I am almost too excited that I can barely write.
I got what most people would call "a bit brave" on Wednesday and decided to test the waters of the Journalism world I guess. I emailed Southwell Racecourse and asked if it would be possible for me to get two press passes for the race meeting on the 16th February. As many of you know by now, I am trying to get my foot on the ladder within the equine journalism industry and I will do as much as it takes to get on it!
I have loved horse racing since as young as I can remember. My Uncle has always owned race horses and during summer if I had a spare few days I would offer to help out at his yard, just mucking out and grooming the horses. During my teenage years my mum would often take me racing with her and we even had a share in a horse called "My Sweetheart". The poor horse didn't do very well and a year later was took out of racing.
My Dad and I have also always loved racehorses and both have a particular soft spot for them. I have been very lucky to own two fantastic racehorses during the past few years, and have loved my time retraining them.
(The picture on the right shows my Dads Chestnut American Thoroughbred "Lay the Cash" winning his race at Kempton Park.)

So, I thought that I am always reporting on showing and dressage, but have never given Racing a go! And sure enough, early this morning I got an email back from Southwell racecourse saying the press passes would be waiting for me on the 16th! Brilliant! I am so excited to be giving something new a go and cannot wait to do the final write up. I must admit though, if I meet a relatively famous jockey I WILL become star struck. (Probably something I need to get over if I'm wanting to become a journalist).
I promise to write a blog post on my experiences of the day.

On to other news, Ceasers leg is finally on the mend I think. Fingers crossed it will be okay for Sunday though as the swelling still hasn't completely gone. I hope the Antibiotics starts to kick in soon.
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig