Customer service with a smile? I think not.

As many of you by now probably know, I am more of an equine journalist rather than anything else. My ramblings are usually based around the four legged creature with a mane and tail, but today I thought I would be different.
You could say this blog post came about from the lack of customer service I received in Mc Donalds earlier today. Now I love Mc Donalds, and if I could eat in there every day I would. BUT; now there's always a but isn't there? I went in today, with my boyfriend Mark for a quick lunch before his doctors appointment and I was appalled at their service. I ordered a Chicken burger meal with a large strawberry milkshake and a chicken nugget meal with a medium coke. I also had my student card so ordered a cheeseburger with that. As I saw the lady place the chips on my tray I suddenly remembered Mark had asked for a chicken burger with NO mayonnaise, so I said excuse me, and politely told the lady I had got it wrong and could we please have no mayonnaise on the burger. To my horror she then proceeded to give me the snottiest look and said "No, its made now." I said "Well he wont eat mayonnaise so can I have another please". The lady then continued to tell me: "You should get your order right in future, now we have a chicken burger that we have to throw away." Now, correct me if I am wrong, but I thought in Mc Donalds the food is placed under the heater and kept there until someone orders it? That is why they call it fast food, right? I have never been in a Mc Donalds yet that food is made to order!

Anyway, so my order was placed on my tray, and unfortunately she gave me two chicken burgers, and no chicken nuggets. Probably to be awkward, but who knows. So I said, again in a polite manner "Excuse me, sorry, I asked for one chicken nuggets and one chicken burger". Her face fell and she exclaimed "No you did not". By this point I was getting annoyed, but calmly told her, "yes I did". So she huffed, and snatched one chicken burger off the tray, fetched me some chicken nuggets and then demanded to see my student card. Usually when Mc Donalds require your student card they glance at it for a second and then hand it back. But no, this lady proceeded to study the student card with every inch of its life, turning it over to each side a few times, and then back again. (Probably deciding whether to spit in my food or not) She eventually handed it me back, threw a cheeseburger on my tray and handed the tray to me, whilst saying in the most sarcastic voice "Thank you". I lost it here and may have just uttered "Funny cow" under my breath and with that walked off.

Mc Donalds - as one of your most loyal customers, expect a letter of complaint from me in the next few days.
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig