Old Style Horse Remedies

When I was out reporting last week at the Horse Parade show in Ledstone, Yorkshire I stumbled across a brand new business that I immediately liked the look of.

After approaching them and asking whether they would be interested in me doing a blog in return for products they immediately obliged and here I am.

Old Style Horse Remedies was created by Alex a mere few months ago and is already going from strength to strength.

All products are made using both homemade and natural herbs and remedies that offer various health benefits to your equine.

You can use any of the products knowing that you are not putting anything harmful onto your horses coat that could cause lasting damage to internal organs. 

Products available are:
* 3 in 1 - Fly spray, detangler and show shine with tea tree. 
* Itchy Stop - A leave in herbal conditioner which stops itching and promotes hair growth. Also heals and soothes cuts due to the added Aloe Vera.
* Calmer Horse - A herbal remedy to calm both horse and rider with rose oil.
* Equine sports therapy massage oil - with added sinus clearing remedies.

All products are varied and do a number of jobs.

I have been using both the 3 in 1 fly spray on Ceaser to keep him in tip-top show condition ready for our championship shows next week and the Itchy Stop for around his mud fever to ensure the area is not irritating him.

So far I absolutely love the 3 in 1 fly spray. It does exactly what it says on the label; detangles his mane, helps keep his coat shiny and keeps the flys away! I am not a huge believer in fly spray and never buy it. In fact I would rather spend money on a decent, genuine fly rug than fly spray so I was very apprehensive about using this as fly spray. However, after just a few sprays I noticed the flys around him were all gone and he wasn't as twitchy.

His tail has since been lovely and silky soft, making it a lot easier to brush. Cobs tails are always horrendous to brush because they have so much of it so its nice to find a product that does as it says it will.

As well as this, Ceaser has been rubbing his tail a lot lately due to fly's and the humidity in the air, so I have been using the itch stop to help soothe the itchy area. So far this has worked a treat and we have had no usual bedtime scratching! 

People at my yard have even asked what products I'm using and are now keen to give them a try, saying the added bonus is, it leaves your horse smelling nice unlike lots of other products like these on the market.

I love the fact these products are all created using natural and herbal remedies. I am a big believer in going the natural way rather than anything else and I believe this will make these products even more so popular because of this.

I will be updating in the next week or so to let you know in more detail how I have gotten on with these products with both pictures and reviews.

So far: 9/10
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

18 comments:

  1. Great message for me, thanks a lot for sharing this informative post.
    Equine Therapy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. I might have to try out the calmer.
    So far nothing (nada-zilch-squat) works on my Paso.
    They have a very high tolerance for calmers and sedatives, so I'm not terribly surprised.
    Still, it would be nice to find something that'll put him at ease when he has to come back in for the winter.
    (And I'm a willing test subject, too! lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Send the lady a message, she's really lovely and offers small free samples to people wanting to try. Please will you let me know if it works though? My boy is a fussy traveler and I don't like using calmer pastes etc so this would be helpful if it worked! Thank you for reading, please keep doing so!

      Delete

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig