Pooch friendly, take two!

After posting my last pooch friendly pub recommendation I was inundated with messages from various people recommending other places to go and try out, meaning we were spoilt for choice.

To add some fun into trying new places, my other half and I made a pact. If we ate somewhere new (I'm a fussy sod), he paid. If we ate somewhere I'd been before, I had to pay. So the bet was on and I was more than keen to find somewhere I hadn't been before.

As this weekend was our last together for a while due to him going away for 10 weeks with work, we wanted to find somewhere nice for Sunday lunch where we could take the dog. So, I got brave and phoned one of the recommendations. I was absolutely mortified the person on the other end of the phone was so rude! After asking for a table for two, the lady abruptly told me they had no room, ALL afternoon - right from opening to almost closing time, went to put the phone down before I could finish asking and basically said they couldn't accommodate.

Needless to say, we won't be returning there and I was more than happy to go somewhere we knew we would get a friendly lunch - The George and Dragon in Hagworthingham So yes, I had to pay. However, all was not lost; Teddy had his usual fuss from the owners and every other man and his dog that entered the pub, I had my favourite meal and the other half had his paid for....

Afterwards I suggested heading over to The View Cafe Bar near Skegness to try out some milkshakes I've been seeing a lot of on Facebook. They look delicious and I was more than keen to try and review one on here. Even better, dogs are welcome in their outside seating area AND its overlooking the beach. What more could you want?

The "Crazee Shakes" are quite literally as crazy looking as they sound. Priced at £7.95, they aren't for the faint hearted but come in a variety of flavours, giving you more than enough choice with just how crazy you want to go.

Being the chocolate orange fanatic I am, I went for the "Chocolate Orange Overload" whereas the other half went for "The Only Way is Reeses". Both came absolutely overloaded with more chocolate than I think I've ever consumed , topped with whipped cream and then even more chocolate just to top it off.

I was really sceptical at first. I absolutely love milkshakes and if it's one thing that ruins them, it has to be ones that taste far too much like pure milk with a dash of powder flavouring in. However, I was left speechless when I took of sip of the Reese one. It really did taste just like a Reese. One word: amazing.

Next it was time to try mine and again I was left without words - or maybe this was the start of a chocolate coma... who knows. Mine tasted like a cross between a jaffa cake and a terry's chocolate orange. I think I'd officially entered chocolate heaven.

Honestly, if you're stuck for something to do in the holidays with the kids, or even just want a nice meal where the drinks don't taste like something watered down, then definitely head here. I jest that the milkshakes will put you an induced chocolate coma, but what I really mean is they are absolutely divine and in my opinion well worth the money - not just for the taste, but the time and effort that goes into making one. It says a lot about a restaurant to me when care and thought is put into the presentation of something.

Definitely recommended - although please all don't head there at once, I almost want to keep this place to myself.
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig