Did someone say Nationals?

I'm sure you all remember me writing (freaking out) about qualifying Ziggy for the RC Nationals a couple of weeks ago in Show-Jumping and how thrilled I was that both him and Ceaser would be going together after the old boy collected his golden ticket for dressage too. Well...

At that point I was trying to figure out how I'd have a cat in hells chance of riding Ceaser in the senior team dressage test and making it to Ziggy's show jumping class on time, given that they both had basically the same start time. Never a dull moment at camp Lovatt!

Anyway, my first Nationals experience just got a whole lot more complicated, and don't get me wrong, I'm absolutely bloody thrilled to be writing this albeit wondering if I can clone myself at the same time.

At the qualifier Ziggy finished second in his arena meaning he narrowly missed out on a golden ticket to nationals as an individual, which I was gutted about at the time as it would've been lovely to have both boys going to compete in the dressage and at that point he hadn't qualified in show-jumping so I was unsure he'd even be going.

Well, someone upstairs must have thought I'd been good these last couple of weeks and yesterday I had an email to say the person that actually won in Ziggy's arena was ineligible to compete at Prelim, so technically my wonder boy won, meaning we HAVE got our place at nationals in dressage. Thus equating to (yes both boys representing our region in dressage) a rather manic day ahead.

I'm absolutely delighted, as I wanted nothing more than both the boys with me there, representing the region in something I take a great deal of pleasure from doing. I'm unsure where Ceaser's 'affiliated' career is going after this, so it could well be the last 'big' event I campaign him at (more info at a later date), which makes it all the more special to have both of them there with me, at Ziggy's first attempt too.

It all seems pretty surreal still at the moment. I never in my wildest dreams imagined Ziggy would pick the dressage up so quickly, and be so successful at an early age and all that know me can vouch for how absolutely shell shocked I was to bag a golden ticket in show-jumping. I'm the girl that never used to jump! Then Ceaser....where do I start? He went out to the qualifier having done very little competing for 12 months, after some time off with his eye and just won. I count my blessings with them both everyday.

Basically, what I'm saying is, if anyone is going to Lincoln and has a spare pair of hands then please yell - or if I look like I need a Vodka, please pass me one.

On that note, I'll leave it there - I just had to share my excitement. We're all allowed to blow our own trumpet every once in a while aren't we? :)
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig