The 12 days of Christmas...2014 memories. The 5th day of Christmas

When thinking of what I could do for this years "12 days of Christmas" theme on my blog, Mark and I came up with several ideas for what you guys as readers would enjoy reading and what would seem dull.

In previous years I've focused on products that I would recommend using on your equine and canine friends, and the posts have always been well received. However, this year it's safe to say my blog has taken a very different approach. Ceaser's fan base has gotten considerably larger in comparison to previous years, and with the new addition, Ziggy, people seem to be coming to me to find out just how that loveable grey is getting on. Add this to the surprise Mark and I have coming up for you on the 13th December and we decided why not do a post every other day where I pick a favourite photo that means something to me and reflect on the memories I gained from it.

On the fifth day of Christmas my true love gave to me: Falling in love all over again! 

March 30th. The moment I allowed myself to love again. Ziggy. 
It's not necessarily this photo that brings back memories for me, because memories with Ziggy are still being created as we haven't been together that long, but it's the day the photo was taken. Ziggy had arrived a few days previously; the same day but just a year later that I had my Dougie put to sleep. 

I honestly thought I'd never get another pony so soon. I told myself I was going to throw all my time into Ceaser and Sara, whom were both already very spoilt, but I wanted to spoil them more. Then, whilst sat at work one day having a flick through Facebook I found an advert for Ziggy and on the spur of the moment I messaged the seller saying I'd transfer the money into his account, when could he deliver. 

The road from there wasn't an easy one. Ziggy wasn't easy and practically unrideable. But, if this photo reminds me of anything its perseverance.  Ziggy taught me that sometimes in life you have to take a step back and look at the bigger picture rather than what's right in front of you at that moment. 

I've got so caught up in trying to make Ziggy perfect too quickly instead of enjoying the here and now with him. I wanted him to be this dressage superstar straight away, when in reality he needed time and I needed it too. I didn't realise in the beginning how poignant Ziggy would be in my life, but he entered it with a bang and the date he arrived meant so much to me. I never thought I could love another pony other than my gang, so soon after Dougie being put to sleep, and I especially didn't want a dapple grey anymore if Granddad wasn't here to share it with me. His favourite colour had always been dapple grey. But, Ziggy came and he's taught me so much in just a short space of time. 

Tonight when you're feeling angry, mad or upset at something then just take a deep breath, take a step back and look at what you've got in life to be grateful for. I'm sure that will be much more significant than what you're upset about.
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig