The 12 days of Christmas. 12 equine products I couldn't live without.... Number 7!

On the 12th day of Christmas my true love gave to me...7 equine products I (ceaser) couldn't live without!

Ariat Heritage III Short Paddock Boot

I have always wanted a pair of Ariat boots after being told how comfy they are but unfortunately funds have never allowed it. However, with the news I had gotten a new job and a very willing boyfriend (thank you Mark!) offering to go halves with me as a well done present I finally found my self in a position to be able to afford a pair.

Initially I went into the tack shop looking for a cheap pair of boots that were sturdy enough for me to spend the whole day at the yard in, without a hefty price tag.

Although once Mark got involved he took one look at the cheap pair of boots and then at my "ohhhh" and "ahhhh-ing" over the Ariats and said I may as well buy them as they would last me longer and the leather looked a much better quality. For only £40 extra I could have a pair of Ariats. Now, who am I to argue with someone who then offered to go halves....?

Ariat Heritage III Short Paddock Boot


"With its proven versatility and traditional style, the Ariat Heritage III Short Paddock Boot is a true favourite. Riders will feel the support and comfort of the 4LR technology and will appreciate the hard-working Duratread sole's flexible performance. Superior leather and craftsmanship, antiques brass zipper and sophisticated profile create an elegant yet approachable boot."

Usually when trying short boots on in shops you have the problem of hard leather and the feeling that they would be fine if you could just "wear them in a little" before using around the yard. With the Ariat boot I felt snug as soon as I tried them on and could feel the quality the moment I put my foot into them. 

The zipper up the front to me creates an elegant, dressage looking boot which I would feel comfortable using both in the show and dressage ring. However, I would feel equally as confident as teaming the boots up with a nice pair of jeans and going shopping or to the pub for an evening meal in!

The Duratread flexible sole is the best I have experienced and so much better than the usual cheap, plastic soles you find on most short boots. Since wearing the Ariats I have no longer experienced that shooting pain you get up your legs when dismounting onto concrete which is amazing.

The soft leather of the Ariat's provide a comfortable boot that I have worn for almost 12 hours on the yard without feeling the need to take off my shoes because they were uncomfortable. The best thing about this is, it was only 2 days after first buying the boots - which is usually around the time you start to get blisters with new boots. Not with Ariats! 

I am happy to have finally found a boot I can be comfortable in when riding and mucking out. The saying really is true... "Once you've had a pair of Ariats you won't want to wear anything else!". 

I am now saving up for the long Ariat boots as these short pair made me realise how uncomfortable my current dressage boots are! I would highly recommend the Paddock Boots for anyone, who like me, hates wearing wellies or muckers around the yard but has struggled to find something comfortable and robust enough to withhold the wear and tear of day to day use. 

I paid £100 for them, which initially I thought was a lot for a boot, but after experiencing the difference to cheaper boots, I feel they are well worth their money! 

Five stars to Ariat for their fantastic and quality made riding boots without a large price tag. 

For more information visit: http://www.ariat.com
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig