Home International selection

It's been such a busy few weeks starting my new job and fitting in time to ride Ceaser, the youngster and still have a life.

I've been making the most of the lovely sunny evenings, mornings and days we've been having and taking every opportunity I can to hack Ceaser out more. He seems to be enjoying it and even better I've managed to get him out around the block on his own! Those who knows him well will know how much of an achievement this is!

I've been really lapse on updating the blog lately but I wanted to share the fantastic news that I received in an email last week.

I have worked towards receiving this email all year so you can imagine how delighted I was to receive it.

Ceaser and I have been selected as reserves for the Home International Team representing England and the Northern Region. The competition is in October and I am extremely thrilled and overwhelmed to have been picked as reserves. Even better, the Northern Region are hosting the competition this year and it's the first time in a couple of years England have hosted it. Of course to be called up would be even better but whatever happens, I am so proud of my boy and how far we've come as a team over the last few years. Our days and weeks still have their ups and downs, but it's such a pleasure to have been picked as a Novice restricted reserve rider. I cannot even begin to describe how much of an honour it would be to represent both England and the Northern Region in our home county.

This weekend we are heading to Houghton Hall in Cambridgeshire for the Novice restricted class in the Area Festival. It'll be the first time out for us in roughly 4 weeks so I'm looking forward to it, as I'm sure Ceaser is.

The last time we were out was at a local BD competition the day after I was thrown from a friends horse and got whiplash. As you can imagine there wasn't any need for a blog that day as I struggled to even tack Ceaser up and getting on was interesting to say the least. It was my first fall in 5 years and it hurt! Anyway we are almost ready for this weekends test so I'll keep you all informed!

Wish us luck!

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

1 comment:

  1. I love this picture at the end! Enjoying your blogs, thank you.

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig