Yet more rain!

Very muddy legs!
I don't know about you but I am fed up of the constant rainy weather. So far it hasn't managed to ruin any of my plans but I do feel sorry for the eventers who have paid entry fees and put so much time and hard work in to preparing for their season, only to find out venues have sadly had to cancel due to wet weather and unsuitable ground.

I almost feel lucky that most of my dressage competitions are held on a surface so we only have to contend with mucky legs rather than cancelled events. You may be thinking that the showing season should be well underway for me now, but I have made the very difficult decision to take a little break from showing and Veteran qualifiers whilst I concentrate on my dressage and affiliating Ceaser. That doesn't mean to say you won't find us showing at all this season, but I have decided to give Working-Hunter another pop this year, alongside dressage. This could very well change in a few weeks but for now I am looking forward to doing something different this season!
L-R: Me, Tom Whitaker, Louise, Paula, Megan and Laura.

I had a break from competing this weekend as it was Arena UK's Riding Club Presentation Evening and a few of us from the yard had some prizes to pick up! It was a fantastic night and lovely to catch up with friends I haven't seen since September since we were last out showing. Ceaser and I took overall ridden champion in both Ridden Veteran and Riding Pony, which I was thrilled with! To say our 2012 season started off how it did, I was absolutely over the moon. Louise, our yard manager took in-hand overall champion in the Ex-racehorse class with my dad's horse, Khalisa. Two other liveries also picked up four prizes between them, which was nice as we came home with our hands full of rosettes! We were thrilled to find out the one and only Tom Whitaker was handing out the prizes of the evening so of course I took the opportunity to have lots of photos with him. Thank you to Arena UK and Carole who runs the Riding Club for organising such a lovely evening.

Showing off our winnings!
It has been a very busy few weeks for both Ceaser and I. As I am sure you have read, we have had some good dressage scores from our latest two competitions. This has meant we have had a very successful and promising start to the 2013 season which has given me quite a lot of confidence to go and succeed. Ceaser is working lovely at home and has enjoyed hacking a lot more as part of our schooling.

He had a small reaction to his flu and tetanus last week, which we fully expected. However, we were initially worried about another anaphylactic shock so a mere cold was fine! I only noticed he'd had a small reaction when I was re-clipping him and he started to shiver when rug-less, which is quite unlike him! After a quick phone call to my vet, she assured me it was to be expected, told me to rug him up well, give him a sachet of bute and not to worry. As usual, she was right and the next day he was back to banging his door wanting breakfast! Typical coloured!

Our yard is undergoing quite a few changes at the moment as well, which means I find myself not having a lot of time to update this blog as much as I would like. Between writing new livery contracts, doing freelance work, completing my masters, riding and helping on the yard I am absolutely shattered. The changes are all currently being announced on the yards facebook but they include new facilities, a name change and another new manager coming to work alongside our current manager!

My sponsor, Charles James Fox recently announced he wanted all of his sponsored riders to appear in his clothing catalogue so I took the opportunity to ask the lovely Gemma to come and take some photos of Ceaser and I wearing the Born & Bred clothing. The photos are gorgeous! If you want to check out the Born & Bred range then follow this link.  Charles James Fox offers some lovely competition clothing that is worth a look. I love my base layer which keeps me warm on the coldest of days, but also cool on the warmest of days - they are fabulous!

My next outing with Ceaser is hopefully going to another affiliated dressage outing. I am all set to join British Dressage now so we aren't just limited to Prelims when we're doing the affiliated competitions. I know I say it over and over again, but if it wasn't for Ceaser and my addicition to competing I'd be a very rich person! (well, not rich, but at least have money!). I would just like to say a huge thank you to my two very good friends, Sam and Louise for helping me complete my dressage wardrobe! Apparently I needed a nicer jacket to wear to dressage competitions than the one I had previously, so they very kindly purchased me one and some lovely white jodhpurs! I did say that surely it was better to turn up looking like you didn't know what you're doing and then go and win, but they wanted me to look professional! Thank you guys :)

I promise to try and update a little more from now. University work has slowed down as we are now close to finishing. Quite honestly I cannot believe how quickly my masters has gone. It doesn't seem two minutes ago I was starting.

Good Luck to all those competing this weekend and for all the eventers out there - I hope you get out soon!



Sian and Ceaser.

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig