What has been your biggest Equestrian achievement in 2012 and what is your biggest aim for 2013?

As I mentioned in my previous blog, 2012 has been a whirlwind year for me with some very up and down moments.

I first set up this blog back in January 2012 just after my 21st Birthday. I had recently applied for sponsorship to help me along my way competing with Ceaser in our first affiliated dressage event and was close to graduating from university.

Since then I have been overwhelmed with the response received and have had a fantastic year competing with Ceaser.

I think one of my biggest achievements this year has to be qualifying for the Petplan Area Regional finals at our first attempt. In order to qualify you need to get a certain percentage twice and be placed. Despite having never competed at affiliated level before, we qualified at our first two competitions.

At unaffiliated level, Ceaser is currently working at Advanced Medium level at home but competing at the higher end of Elementary where we are successfully gaining results in the high 60%'s.

I was also thrilled to find out a couple of weeks ago that I had won overall champion for the year in two classes at our local riding club. For those that read my blog, you will remember reading all about it here.

The riding club held monthly shows and points were allocated depending on your placings throughout the season. I am proud to say we won every Riding Pony class and were either placed 1st or 2nd in the Ridden Veteran class.

In terms of my writing and journalism, I have had a very successful year. I have had various articles published in magazines like Equestrian Life, been accepted as a guest blogger for the Likit company, started writing a column for our local newspaper and much more.

In 2013 I have lots of aims I would like to accomplish. However, as I mentioned in my previous blog, I think my biggest is and always will be - to get to Olympia in the Veteran finals. As well as this I would like to compete at the Petplan Area regional finals. Lack of money and time stopped me from going last year but I am more than ready to go next year.

I would also like to have some articles published in Horse & Hound. I met up with them back in September about working on some show reports and we are just waiting for the season to re-start now so I can get out there and do some writing for them.

Like most, I have plenty of aims in 2013 but won't mention them all now - If I did I am sure I'd keep you here all night.

What is your biggest equestrian achievement in 2012 and what are your aims for 2013? Let me know by tweeting me, @FurryMane, or by commenting below. I'll feature the best ones here for the first few days of the New Year. 
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

1 comment:

  1. Good luck for 2013! My biggest horsey achievement was building up my confidence with my old loan horse, jumping a 3ft course in a local show. Then I guess buying my new pony in November, although in some ways I feel like this has set back my riding as he's taking a long time to settle down so we can really work on anything...My horsey hope for 2013 is for Viking to settle and for us to do some XC and jumping competitions in the summer :)

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig