Schooling exercises for winter



Recently I have received lots of requests to help people keep their horses fit and supple over the winter months. Winter doesn't need to be any different than summer and there is no need to change what you're doing with your horse.

However, I am putting together a blog post of basic schooling exercises and will continue to update it over the next few weeks. With each update I will add more complex exercises both on the flat and over jumps.

I was asked by the Love Likit company to write this blog for their website so here is a taster of what is to come and you will be able to find the whole post on their site in the next few days.

"Another thing I have always noticed whilst watching various individuals at my livery yard is that barely any people use the whole of the arena. Most will trot, canter and do transitions around the outside but seem scared to introduce circles of different sizes in the middle.
I never spend my time exercising riding around the outside. I like to add variety and will very rarely use the outside track. Why not introduce circles in to your daily ride and other exercises? Don’t be afraid to ride serpentines; both three and four loops. Do a range of circle sizes at different places in the arena."


Don't forget if you have any tips then tweet me @FurryMane or comment below.
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig