A little update

I firstly must apologise for not updating this sooner but things have been a little hectic and before I knew it I realised I hadn't posted in a long time.

Showing and Dressage has came to a halt for the past two weeks due to a combination of the weather and my dissertation hand-in deadline dooming. I am now pleased to say that my dissertation is handed in. Although if I have to discuss British Eventing and its unrepresentation in the British print quality media one more time I will cry. At the end my dissertation ended on just over 9,000 words and I was more than glad to see the back of it when I handed it in. Although I may not have competed for three weeks now, it has been a good chance to get some serious schooling done with Ceaser and given me a chance to work on areas that needed polishing.

Unfortunately I cannot say we have seen the back of this dreadful weather we're experiencing. I suppose I am lucky that as a dressage rider most competitions are held on surfaces so rain rarely stops play. A lot of my friends that event (its that word again cropping up) have had many of their events cancelled due to waterlogged ground. In-fact, whilst on the topic of cancellations, for the first since 1987 due to bad weather, the Mitsubishi Motors Badminton Horse Trials has had to be cancelled. Badminton has only had to be cancelled due to weather conditions three times since it started, thus now making it four. In 1963, the three-day event was turned into a one-day contest, because of the state of the ground. World number one William Fox-Pitt had been in line for a £220,000 bonus if he had been successful at Badminton.
He has won at Burghley and Kentucky, with Badminton the third and final part of the Rolex Grand Slam.
Fox-Pitt, Mary King, Piggy French and Nicola Wilson are all expected to feature for Britain during the London 2012 test event at Greenwich Park in July. Along with the Chatsworth Horse Trials on 11 May, Badminton had been expected to help decide who gets the final place, though most of the top riders were not entered on their potential Olympic horses.

My plans over the next few weeks is to get back out in to the show ring with some Veteran showing class qualifiers and aim to do my first Medium Dressage test early in June. I'm hoping to get a lesson in with Julie Corrigan, a listed British Dressage judge before I go on holiday at the end of May. As well as this, my partner Mark has begun the task of putting together some music for a dressage to music class I am entering. I suppose I am lucky I have a musician for a boyfriend that enjoys composing as he really is in his element creating some tracks for both Ceaser and I. When it comes to dancing I have absolutely no rhythm so I'm glad Ceaser has!

I have invested in an Equilbirum Massage pad this week and cannot wait for it to arrive. I would like to thank Carley from Tally Ho! for providing me with this.

Before I sign off I'd just like to thank a company called Golly Galoshes for sending me their product to review. I am hoping to get this done towards the end of next week and with the weather we are experiencing its a fantastic opportunity.

I am also enjoying featuring in Prime Equines "Five to follow 2012" feature. I am meeting lots of lovely people through it and am thrilled by everyones interest in what Ceaser and I are up to and how are we are doing.

Diane Pitchers, a lovely friend from Twitter wrote a blog post on Ceaser and my aims for 2012 with him. Please take a read at: http://www.kitschcultured.blogspot.co.uk/ and let both Diane and I know what you think!

I do promise that I will not leave it so long next time to update. Now I am no longer a university student I should have lots more time to keep you updated on competition news and product reviews I am doing.




SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig