Time to try something new?



So, my 21st Birthday arrived (in style) and went.
I had the most fantastic weekend of my life, I really did. To say I was dreading turning 21 (I wrote 18 then, haha!), things haven't turned out quite so bad.
Saturday I was woken up, rather loudly at 8am by my Mum screaming "I've got the key of the door, never been 21 before". That song is all I heard for the rest of the day. I'm even still finding my self humming it now.
Anyway, so I quickly got dressed and raced downstairs. Yes, like a kid. My mum and step-dad had put banners and balloons in the Kitchen, it was fantastic.
I got some brilliant presents for my Birthday and I can honestly go as far as saying, it maybe even topped Christmas. My mum and step-dad got me some private number plates for my car. So if you see anyone driving around with the plates CP51ANY then be sure to wave! For those who don't know, CP is Ceasers nickname at the yard, and of course 51ANY looks like "Siany". Get it?
My boyfriend Mark got me some One Tree Hill DVDs and a very flashy T-shirt that says "No Likey, No Lighty". My obsession for that program gets worse and I can't wait to wear my t-shirt for all to see! Next I was handed a brown envelope by Mark that hinted he wanted me to try something new. I must admit, upon opening my heart was racing and inside I was thinking "Please don't let this be something like Jumping out of a plane". I honestly do not know what I'd have done if it had have been something like that. I would have had to do it to be polite...right?
Anyway, much to my amazement it wasn't so bad and in fact it was a voucher telling me I was spending the day at Leadenham Polo club , learning to and playing Polo! WOW! Excited doesn't even come close to how I'm feeling, I cannot wait to give Polo a go. My initial first comment was "WOW, do I get to pick my own Pony? I want the fastest!". Mark said he didn't know and I should wait to find out and not get too excited as the season didn't start until April so I couldn't redeem my Voucher until then. Boring. I want to go now!!!!

Everyone from my lovely livery yard all chipped in and all got me a personalised saddle cloth, some lovely spurs with jewels in and a fantastic supreme products body suite for Ceaser. We are definitely going to be on fire this season with all our new posh products!

So, 6pm came and it was time to arrive at my Party. My sister insisted I be 'fashionably' late, but to be honest I'd waited for this night to arrive for weeks, and I ended up being half an hour early. We all had a fantastic night and it was brilliant to get friends, family and everyone from the yard together. Some hadn't met before, and by the end of the night we were all singing as loud as we could on the Karaoke. Now that's a party!


The evening was finished off with the cutting of the cake. Now this cake deserves a special mention. Marks Mum does a bit of professional cake making on the side and between her usual job of being a TA and offered to make me my Birthday Cake as a present from her to me. I had no idea she was making this and shed a tear when Mark led me into the back room to see it. On it was Me and Ceaser which she'd handcrafted, and then two jumps next to "us". Speechless is all I can say.. I really was speechless.

I really was spoilt on my Birthday and every body I know made extra special effort.

Now onto funny things. 3am came and it was time for bed. I was shattered so just laid everything from the party on the floor in my bedroom and said I would sort it the next morning. Mark knew where I'd put everything - or so I thought.
At 5am I was woken up by him plodding to the toilet. At 26 he's already like an old man and never fails to get up several times in the night to go to the loo. Although after saturday night he's promised it wont happen again. Thank god!
Anyway, on the way back from the toilet he accidentally stood on a big painting of two horses I'd received for my Birthday. Several crunches later and an "OW", mark hobbled off to the toilet to find he'd in fact cut his foot open quite badly and then proceeded to feel sick. Brilliant. Thank god my sister and her fiance Danny sorted him out, as by this time after seeing all the blood on the floor I was having a panic attack at the fact that I felt sick and mark was moaning he was going to be sick. Word of warning - Please don't ever tell me you feel sick. I panic!

So, Danny cleaned him up, sorted his wound and we finally got some sleep. Only to be woken up at 9am sunday morning to be told by Mum she was worried Mark had bled to death in the night and she was taking him to hospital to be checked. Nursing a bad headache and a sicky hung over feeling I proceeded to spend the day after my 21st in A&E and pushing Mark in a wheelchair to have an X-ray. Boys really know how to top things off. Thank god the X-ray showed he had no glass in his foot and it was just badly cut. The lovely nurses cleaned him up, gave him some crutches and sent him on his way.
I hope he's better by Saturday though, he's my caller for my dressage tests!

Anyway, all I've left to say now is "OH WHAT A NIGHT!"
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig