Becoming the MASTA of relaxation....

Anyone that follows my blog, but mainly my Facebook page will know I've had varying issues with Ziggy relaxing into the contact when ridden. He's not horrendous by all means, but the walk has taken some work. He's very jumpy, tense and generally a sensitive little soul. I put it down to him being rescued and the trauma he went through prior to me getting him.

Anyway, I have spent a fortune on bits and bridles. In fact, it got to the point where I seriously considered selling a kidney to fund his bits, because for the life of me I just couldn't find one that he 100% settled into the contact in and seemed happy, and for me, his happiness is fundamentally the most important thing.

However, about 6 weeks ago now when I went back to a dressage instructor I hadn't seem in quite some time, she asked me if I had considered the Infrared technology for him and if I'd looked into a Harry Hall ProtechMasta Infrared Poll Pad.

I must admit, I hadn't considered it for Ziggy, but I had read up a lot about it and considered the possibility of buying some of the boots for Ceaser's legs as they swell when stabled.

But, like most people, I'll hold my hands up and admit I was sceptical of spending yet more money and buying something that didn't work. I was in the region of £300 down because of various bits and bridles, and still I wasn't 100% sure Ziggy was working as well as he could do.

That evening, I did some research, posted on several Facebook groups and asked for some genuine feedback with using the Poll Pad on anxious and sensitive horses when ridden. To my surprise the feedback was all positive. Everyone that had used one in these circumstances had seen a notable difference in not only their horses relaxation but also the time it took them to relax.

With that I immediately purchased one and was dying to try it out and see if I felt the same results as everyone else seemed to.

Thankfully my photographer friend came with me to my next lesson so she could take some photos of us and I was shocked to see a different picture in just 10 minutes with the Poll Pad on!

Warming up...


After 10 minutes with the Poll Pad on!

Since then, I've used it every time I have ridden without fail - the results are too good not to! 

Whilst the Infrared radiation is a natural process and is scientifically proven to gently and safely assist blood circulation, therefore, helping to ease muscle tension, I'm happy to use it because its none evasive and all a natural product. 

I think many of us are so quick to change bits, bridles, saddles and so on, when actually with products like these on the market; if we know our saddle fits, bit is correct, and bridle fits - why don't we be more open minded to trying something like this?

This is not a collaborative post in any way and Harry Hall haven't asked me to write this, but I was so keen to share the positive effect of a product on the market to help horses like Ziggy that struggle with their anxiety and tension. 

I'm saving up for the Infrared rug now that I can put on before a competition whilst we're travelling with the hope it will just give him that extra bit of help to relax prior to competitions. 

If anyone wants to ask any questions about how this Poll Pad helped Ziggy, or wants anymore before and after photos as proof, please don't hesitate to contact me!

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig