It's an American adventure...

I haven't wanted to announce for this for worry of jinxing it - or the possibility that I announced it and actually one day I woke up and realised it had all been a dream. However, with flights booked and just 2 days until I leave for the airport I think I'm safe to let you know where I'm heading and why.

In May of this year, just a mere week after deciding to end a 5-year long relationship I was contacted by a ranch in America. They had read my blog and were looking for a journalist with a passion for marketing to join them for 3 weeks, experience the 'ranch life' and then write some editorial content in return for staying.

Initially I was asked if the opportunity was something I would be interested in and whether I'd be able to take 3 weeks from my full-time job. They attached an application form to the email (just to ensure I was the right candidate) and told me to contact them should I have any questions. Their main source of income is through offering internships for university students, graduates and those in their 20's so they were looking for a young, bubbly and out-going candidate who wasn't afraid of hard work and getting their hands dirty working on the ranch, but who also had a passion for all animals that could relate to their target age group.

Immediately I filled out the application form, detailing my experience both writing and marketing for various equine companies and beyond, including my determination in achieving all that I can whilst I have the opportunity. The next step was to mention it to work and see if they would be happy with me taking several weeks out of the company should I be offered the 3 week position. Thankfully they were more than understanding and encouraged me to go and enjoy myself - but make sure I returned!

Waiting for the email back from the ranch was some of the longest days of my life but when it came back that I had been accepted I was over the moon. The countdown to going has seemed like it's gone on forever but we're finally only two days away from leaving for the airport.

I'm a big believer that things happen for a reason and I'm definitely looking forward to getting away for 3 weeks, experiencing America and embarking on a new journey alone. For the first 2.5 weeks I'm heading to the ranch and then on my way home I'm stopping in New York for 3 days to do some touristy things.

You'll be able to follow my journey here on my blog and all posts will be published once I'm home. I doubt i'll be able to post whilst I'm away so thought I'd let everyone know why I'm quiet and ensure you all I haven't disappeared.

For now, have a good October everyone - see you soon!


SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig