Dressage to Music debut

This post is going to be one of those completely from the heart, thus the reason it's taken me so long to even contemplate writing it and how I would put into words exactly what I felt at the moment we were trotting down the centreline at A.

For a couple of months now I've been creating my Dressage to Music floor plan with a fantastic company that have been so patient with me. I went to them with a tricky request of I wanted three specific tracks for my walk, trot and canter and if I couldn't have them then I didn't want to do it.

Let me explain things a little….I wanted my Granddads three favourite songs and nothing else. I wanted the tracks that when I rode to them I felt like he was there with me riding every step of the way.

The lovely lady on the end of the phone listened endlessly to my "it just doesn't work" and "that sounds awful" comments numerous amount of times, until we finally agreed on the tracks and instruments.

To say I was nervous about riding this is an understatement; I was a wreck. I really don't know why. I don't know if its the meaning of it to me, or that I didn't want to let Granddad down, but wherever he is in this world I wanted him to be proud.

I really do owe so many huge thankyou's my fellow competitors who gave me ample pieces of advice before I went in and told me exactly what I needed to. But more so I owe so much to the lady - and I wish I knew her name to thank her personally - who after I came out of the arena looking a little teary told me my Granddad WAS looking down upon me and that would have made him proud. She has no idea what that meant to me and how it made me feel.

*

So, enough of the soppy. For me this test wasn't about how pretty it looked, what percentage I got and who I beat. I wanted to get round for the first time with my music. Any improvements needed to be made could be done at a later date when I had finally got over the fact I was riding to my Granddads music.

I think we ended up on about 66% and gained a respectful 3rd place. The judge was very complimentary of everything that we did. Sadly I went a little in front of my music BUT it's all practice and next time I know I can slow down and we can do it. The judge also commented that my music really fitted Ceaser and it works well with him.

Absolutely over the moon and thrilled to bits is just two ways of describing how I felt. Overwhelmed is another.

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig