This month I love... NAF Superflex and NAF Pink Senior Power


Given that Ceaser is 18 already I think it is fair to say he has done very well up until now to not need any supplements that aid his joints in some way. Wherever we go people cannot believe his age both in the way he looks and acts.

Keen to keep him looking 100% and his mobility as best I could, I set about asking my faithful Twitter followers for their opinions on what supplements they recommended for veterans. I have always been sceptical about feeding additives to horses as like anything "you just don't know whether it works".

Within the recommendations were a company called NAF, which of course I had heard and seen lots about but had never used any of their products. NAF immediately picked up on being recommended and sent a message via Twitter to ask if there was anything they could help with.

After explaining my situation about the problem we had found in Ceaser's hind leg which is down to an old injury (information can be found in a previous blog here) and wanting to feed him something to keep him looking in show condition I was promised both an email and a phone call to offer me some in-depth advice.

Not long later, Eloise from NAF sent me an email and took both care and time into listening to me explain exactly what I wanted to achieve in giving Ceaser these supplements and understood I needed something fast acting ready for the championships I had coming up. She had no qualms in telling me that although I had been feeding Apple Cider Vinegar it would not be helping what I wanted to achieve.

Additional to the emails I requested a phone call to finalise exactly what we were deciding and so I could ask any last minute questions I may have. 

This is Eloise's recommendation:

"As you show your 18 year old cob cross I would recommend that you consider feeding NAF Pink Senior, which will give him all of the vitamins, minerals and trace elements that he needs for daily health and vitality, along with a pre and probiotic to aid healthy digestion, Gingko and Ginseng for mental alertness and added MSM and Glucosamine for joint health. The added bonus should be a lovely shiny coat to catch the judge’s eye as well!

You also mention that he has become a little stiff behind, as you have a show in just 10 days I would also recommend that you consider adding NAF Superflex into his feed as well. . Superflex is an all-round Joint Supplement available for both where history dictates (i.e. if the horse is showing some signs of stiffness or has had an injury), and as an insurance measure (i.e. if your horses is a competition horse and will have stress put on the joints, muscle, tendons and ligaments) . It is also recommended for the older horse, as the natural regenerative processes diminish."

Eloise gave nothing but informative and friendly advice both via the telephone and emails. Speaking to her on the phone really made me feel more at ease about my decisions in which supplements to choose and she sounded so confident they would work that I thought I had to try them. For the first time when phoning companies to ask for advice, I didn't feel like another number I felt like they wanted to take the time to genuinely help me and my horse.

Ceaser thinks he should be NAF's coverstar!
She recommended that because I had a large competition coming up I should put Ceaser on a high in-take dose of the Super Flex, feeding 6 scoops a day for 10 days to get it into his system and working and then lower it to 3 after the 10 days. Additionally she recommended I start feeding the In the Pink Senior on a normal dosage of 2 scoops daily. 

Wow! I am so glad I made the decision to go with the NAF products as I have noticed a huge difference in Ceaser's schooling already and his coat looks in fantastic condition! Since he has also been on these two supplements he has had a real spring in his step when it comes to jumping like there is just no stopping him now! I also feel like he now has an extra spark for his work and seems much more enthusiastic about everything I ask. 

I had been feeding Super Flex and Pink Senior for almost 8 days when Ceaser's sports massage lady came to see him. She could not believe the difference in his muscles and how much free he seemed throughout his entire body.

His lateral work has felt much nicer and almost as if he isn't struggling with those tougher and more difficult dressage movements. Rather than bucking when going from walk to canter because he is tight through his back end, he now has no problem with that movement and is no longer tight.

When competing last week at Royal London Show, everyone that stopped to look at Ceaser couldn't believe his age and how free-moving he was - even the judges!!

I would recommend NAF to anyone, not only for their fantastic products such as Super Flex and Pink Senior, but also for their super customer service which is second to none.

To find out more about what they have to offer or to receive some 5* advice from people that really know what they are talking about and care then take a look at their website: NAF UK
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig