Horse & Rider article correction.

Having seen the article published in Horse & Rider Magazine I have noticed I have been mistakenly misquoted by a freelance journalist.

The article says I compete at affiliated elementary level dressage and received 70% to qualify for the Petplan Area championships.

When I was interviewed by the freelance journalist and sent the email, what I actually said was I compete up to Elementary level at unaffiliated where I get scores up to 70% and work at Medium level at home. At affiliated BD level I compete in Prelim classes.

I then included that I qualified for the Petplan Area championships at Prelim level, however I did not join BD to fulfil this qualification.

Upon seeing the article I immediately contacted the freelance journalist who sends her sincere apologies for her small mistake. Nonetheless, I would like to take this opportunity to thank her for interviewing me and allowing me to give my opinion on adults riding ponies. Additionally I have contacted Horse & Rider about this mistake.

Whilst I had every intention of moving up through the affiliated ranks this year, I made the hard decision back in October to concentrate on studying towards my MA in Sports Journalism instead. Due to this I will continue to BD when I can, but on a ticket for the time being.

Anyone with queries should not hesitate to contact me by commenting below or emailing slequinejournalism@gmail.com


SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig